Welcome Tourism Members - Current and Future!
There are numerous benefits to becoming a member of Elgin County Tourism. Learn about member benefits, the Festival and Event Partnership Program, Tourism Signage, and much more!
Become A Member
Tourism is one of the fastest growing sectors in Elgin County.
Elgin County Economic Development & Tourism is committed to developing a sustainable long-term strategy to promote the tourism industry in the region. The more people that join, the more power there will be to promote Elgin County. Better promotion means more tourism dollars coming into Elgin County, benefiting all local businesses.
- priority member listing on elgintourist.com with photo, description, and link to social media accounts
- eligible for the tourism signage program
- member listing in Visitor’s Guide (print 20,000 copies & over 4,000 online views),
- networking opportunities,
- free workshops,
- brochure distribution & exposure at regional and local tourism information centres and tradeshows,
- cooperative advertising at reduced rates,
- informative e-newsletters &
- business promotion, and promotion on Elgin's social media accounts
Cost: $100 (+HST) per year
Tourism Member Application
Phone: 519-631-1460 x164
Click here to download the Member Information Form
Click here to download the Event Listing Form
Festival & Event Partnership Program
Applications for the 2020 Festival and Event Partnership Program have been POSTPONED until a later date.
The County of Elgin is pleased to present the Festival and Event Partnership Program (FEPP) again in 2020 for community groups which take it upon themselves to develop festivals and events that will meet the County’s tourism goals:
- Increase the amount of people that visit Elgin;
- Increase the length of stay of visitors; and,
- Increase the amount of money that visitors spend.
In support of the above goals, the FEPP contributions will assist in:
- Attracting visitors to the County
- Retaining local spending
- Enhancing the quality of place within the community
The FEPP funding will not be limited to a predetermined number of festivals or events or amount per festival or event.
2020 FEPP Funding Application
Click here to download the 2020 FEPP guidelines and application.
Phone: 519-631-1460 x164
Tourism Directional Signage Program
The County of Elgin's Department of Economic Development and Engineering Services jointly administer and implement the Elgin tourism directional signage program.
If you would like tourism directional signage for your business, please review and complete the following documents:
- Elgin County Tourism Signage Policy
- Elgin County Tourism Signage Application
- Tourism Signage Grant Application
Ontario By Bike
Launched in 2010, the Ontario By Bike Network is currently active in 27 regions across Ontario and has seen over 1,350 attendees registered for 47 workshops. The Ontario By Bike Network has certified over 800 businesses and locations under the following categories: accommodations, food service providers, tourist attractions, campgrounds, and other bicycle-related businesses. Certification is free for all businesses.
With a growing presence of Ontario By Bike-certified businesses already participating across the province, tourism businesses located in the counties of Elgin, Middlesex, and Oxford are now able to join a growing provincial network, with the ability to connect with an increasing number of cycle tourists and local cyclists across Ontario.
There are many benefits of joining the program, including:
- Listings on the Ontario By Bike website, which helps cyclists when they are researching their trips to find bike friendly destinations.
- Location and category pinpoint on the Ontario By Bike Network on-line map.
Regional profiles on the Ontario By Bike website, with information and links to trail and route planning maps and resources.
- Ontario By Bike Decals highlighting participation as a part of network.
- Inclusion in group promotions at events hosting our Ontario Cycle Tourism Information booth.
- Access to promotional opportunities developed by the Ontario By Bike Network and/or partners, designed exclusively for Network participants.
- Information on additional marketing opportunities targeting the cycle tourism market.
- Promotion by being a part of a larger network in the region, and across Ontario.
By joining the Ontario By Bike Network, your business will have access the benefits listed above and to a growing cycle tourism market. Click here to visit the regional page with cycling information for consumers and cyclists.
Additional resources to help get your business enrolled in the Ontario By Bike program:
For more information on how your business can become Ontario By Bike-certified, please contact 519-631-1460 x164 or email email@example.com.