There are many activities throughout the Winter season to stay active. Here is how to stay active for free or a low cost in Elgin County and St. Thomas. All of these activities are provided by Active Elgin. Visit their website at www.activeelgin.ca.
Clicking on each title will bring you to the listing on the Active Elgin website.
Western Region – West Elgin, Dutton Dunwich & Southwold
• Adult Basketball @ West Elgin Secondary School on Monday nights in the Fall and Winter. Contact Ron Wilkins – 519-768-2530
• Serenity Now Yoga at 36499 Second Line, Southwold. There is a Healing Circle on the last Saturday of each month and a Journey Circle every Thursday evening. Please visit the website for more information: www.serenitynowyoga.ca or call Nicole at 519-777-9400
Central Region – Central Elgin & St. Thomas
• Kids Club offered at most Elgin County Libraries. This is for children grade 1-3 that focuses on reading, song, and crafts. Check here to see the closest branch to you: http://www.elgincounty.ca/library
• St. Thomas Special Olympics. Basketball from December to February, Bocce from September to May, Floor Hockey from January to April, Power Lifting all year round, and more. Contact Rob Davidson at 519-633-5085 for more information.
• Darts @ the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 524 Port Burwell. For adults and senours on Wednesday nights. Contact Charlotte Seaman 519-631-9900
• Winter Walks. All ages have the opportunity to observe winter flora and fauna. Please contact Ron Casier for more information: 519-631-5279
This is only a few of the many activities. For more activities to get involved in check out www.activeelgin.ca.