Elgin County Bucket List - Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who post a photo on Instagram and use the hashtag #ElginBucketList18. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Canada and the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of the County of Elgin, its affiliates, and subsidiaries are not eligible to participate in the Campaign.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, the Contestant agrees to accept the decisions of the County of Elgin as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on May 18, 2018 at 12:00pm and ending September 3, 2018 at 11:59pm. Draw dates will begin on June 11, 2018 and will continue each Monday for twelve weeks. The following weeks will be the draw periods:
1. May 18 – June 11
2. June 12 – June 18
3. June 19 – June 25
4. June 26 – July 2
5. July 3 – July 9
6. July 10 – July 16
7. July 17 – July 23
8. July 24 – July 30
9. July 31 – August 6
10. August 7 – August 13
11. August 14 – August 20
12. August 21 – August 27
13. August 28 – September 3
4. How to Enter: The Contestant must follow @elgincounty on Instagram and submit a photo on Instagram using the hashtag #ElginBucketList to be entered to win. The photo must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are unrelated to the bucket list items listed below may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the County of Elgin.
1. Beaches in Elgin County
2. Hiking in Elgin County
3. Dining in Elgin County
4. Watching a local performance in Elgin County
5. Eating ice cream in Elgin County
6. Visiting a winery in Elgin County
7. Shopping at a local farm or farm market
8. Attending a local Elgin County event
9. Shopping in an Elgin County gallery or boutique
10. Your overnight stay in Elgin County
Entries that are deemed inappropriate or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the County of Elgin. You may enter multiple times through the use of different photos. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the County of Elgin.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a gift certificate/prize to an Elgin County business. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the County of Elgin. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is non-transferable. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the County of Elgin to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: A Winner will be selected each week by an employee using a random number generator under the supervision of the County of Elgin. Entries are cumulative. Contestants will be eligible to win each week until the end of the contest period or until the winner has won once, which ever occurs first. The Winner will be notified on Instagram within five (5) days following selection of Winner. The County of Elgin shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notification of winning. If the Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible or fails to claim the prize by October 1st 2018, the prize may be forfeited. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER AT THE COUNTY OF ELGIN’S SOLE DISCRETION WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content, You understand and agree that the County of Elgin, and anyone acting on behalf of the County of Elgin, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, and/or statements about the Campaign for news, publicity, information, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the County of Elgin. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the County of Elgin from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the County of Elgin may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: The County of Elgin reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the County of Elgin’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, The County of Elgin may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the County of Elgin. The County of Elgin reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The County of Elgin has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, including: the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the County of Elgin reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the County of Elgin and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Instagram: The Campaign hosted by the County of Elgin is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.
12. By submitting an entry, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
Click here to download the map: